By Jessica Berman
A better half to Virginia Woolf is an intensive exam of her existence, paintings, and a number of contexts in 33 essays written by means of major students within the field.
- Contains insightful and provocative new scholarship and sketches out new instructions for destiny research
- Approaches Woolf’s writing from a number of views and disciplines, together with modernism, post-colonialism, queer thought, animal stories, electronic humanities, and the law
- Explores the a number of trajectories Woolf’s paintings travels worldwide, from the Bloomsbury crew, and the Hogarth Press to India and Latin America
- Situates Woolf stories on the forefront of latest literature scholarship and the hot modernist studies
Read or Download A Companion to Virginia Woolf (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
In December 1977, suffering Canadian comedian e-book artist Dave Sim self-published the 1st factor of Cerebus the Aardvark, a Conan the Barbarian satire that includes a foul-tempered, sword-wielding creature trapped in a human global. Over the following 26 years, Sim, and later collaborator Gerhard, produced an epic 6,000-page photograph novel, the longest-running English language comedian sequence by way of a unmarried inventive staff.
This compelling research explores the inextricable hyperlinks among the Nobel laureate’s aesthetic perform and her political imaginative and prescient, via an research of the most important texts in addition to her lesser-studied works, books for kids, and most modern novels. deals provocative new insights and a refreshingly unique contribution to the scholarship of 1 of an important modern American writers Analyzes the prestigious fiction of Morrison on the subject of her serious writing concerning the strategy of examining and writing literature, the connection among readers and writers, and the cultural contributions of African-American literature good points prolonged analyses of Morrison’s lesser-known works, newest novels, and books for kids in addition to the major texts
Enticing vital discussions approximately social clash, environmental swap, and imperialism in Africa, assorted colours of eco-friendly issues to legacies of African environmental writing, frequently overlooked because of severe views formed by means of dominant Western conceptions of nature and environmentalism.
In Literature and the Politics of Post-Victorian Decadence, Kristin Mahoney argues that the early 20th century was once a interval within which the specters of the fin de siècle exercised a amazing draw at the sleek cultural mind's eye and bothered emergent avant-gardistes. those authors and artists refused to assimilate to the classy and political ethos of the period, representing themselves as an alternative as time tourists from the former century for whom twentieth-century modernity was once either baffling and disappointing.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne: Volume 4 (Critical Heritage)
- Feminist Linguistics and Corpus Linguistics: A database of genderfair language use with non-human referents
- Times Alone: Selected Poems of Antonio Machado (Wesleyan Poetry in Translation)
- n+1, Number Four: Reconstruction
- Mikhail Bakhtin: An Aesthetic for Democracy
- The Consolations of Writing: Literary Strategies of Resistance from Boethius to Primo Levi
Additional resources for A Companion to Virginia Woolf (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Virginia Woolf (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Jessica Berman