By Barry Schein
Read or Download 'And': Conjunction Reduction Redux (MIT Press) PDF
Similar semantics books
Semantic Prosody is the 1st full-length therapy of semantic prosody, an idea corresponding to connotation yet which connects crucially with standard lexical surroundings. for instance, it's been claimed that the adverb 'utterly' is characterized through an damaging semantic prosody as a result of its recurring co-occurrence with phrases denoting adverse states of affairs akin to 'ridiculous', 'disgraceful' and 'miserable'.
This edited assortment provides innovative examine at the means of identification development in specialist and institutional contexts, from company offices, to courtrooms, school rooms, and academia. The chapters think about how interactants do identification paintings and the way identification is listed (often in refined methods) in office discourse.
Quantity 22 of the once a year of Psychoanalysis starts with the provocative reflections of Jane Flax and Robert Michels at the present prestige and destiny clients of psychoanalysis a century after Freud. Flax believes that research won't live to tell the tale within the postmodern West if analysts hang to the scientific version and the idea of research as a medical technological know-how; Michels believes research could be revivified within the subsequent century through reorganizing its education institutes inside of universities.
This booklet provides advancements of discourse research in France and applies its instruments to key texts from 5 theorists of structuralism: Lacan, Althusser, Foucault, Derrida and Sollers. It will pay unique recognition to enunciative pragmatics as a poststructuralist strategy which analyzes the discursive building of subjectivity.
- Multilingual FrameNets in Computational Lexicography: Methods and Applications (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
- Library User Metaphors and Services: How Librarians look at their Users (Current Topics in Library and Information Practice)
- The Routledge Pragmatics Encyclopedia
- Reference and Structure in the Philosophy of Language: A Defense of the Russellian Orthodoxy (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
- Verhandlungstechnik nach dem Harvard-Konzept (German Edition)
- Syntactic and Semantic Mastery of English Auxiliaries by Kurd Learners at College Level
Additional info for 'And': Conjunction Reduction Redux (MIT Press)
'And': Conjunction Reduction Redux (MIT Press) by Barry Schein